Thule/Konig Easy-fit, the easiest snow chain ever to fit on the car, in only 12 seconds!
CU-9 Easy Fit
Easy, intuitive, quick.
Thule/Konig Easy-fit is the latest and award-winning snow chain featuring the most innovative technology, and cutting edge design. With Thule/Konig Easy-fit, fitting a snow chain is finally easy, intuitive and quick. One stop only, 3 simple procedures: fit the chains and go!
Complies with full EU Snow Chain regulations & conformity
If you change your car and need a different size or type you can take advantage of our unique Thule/Konig CU-9 Easy Fit snow chain exchange service.click here to read more
9 mm maximum chain projection. The areas highlighted in yellow must exceed 9 mm. The recommended minimum clearance is 11 mm.
Low or minimal vibrations:
Low or minimal vibration makes driving on snow and ice covered roads smoother, quieter and stress free
Suitable for vehicles fitted with ABS braking systems
Suitable for vehicles fitted with Traction Control
The name says it all: "THULE/Konig Easy-fit" brings the traditional passenger cars snow chains standard to the next level, with a huge step towards the easiness for the end consumer. "THULE/Konig Easy-fit" is a true innovation both from a technical and a design perspective. - We are very proud to receive the EquipAuto Innovation Of The Year Award says Alberto Guidotti, Business Unit Director Thule Group Snow Chains and continues. It is a testament to our ambition to be at the forefront of innovation and simplicity for the user and we are confident that Thule/Konig Easy-Fit will strengthen Thule/Konig's position in the market for snow chains for passenger cars. Key in the innovation is the new aluminium central bar on the snow chain. This makes the mounting of the snow chain has never been so easy, intuitive and quick. Remember One stop only: fit the chains and go. Why "THULE/Konig Easy-fit" is so "Easy and Intuitive":
Aluminium central bar
Aluminium central element with built-in self-tensioning system.
Front-back connection chain
Special steel links connected in a special 'S' shape connect the central bar to the internal rigid arch.
External removal system
By pressing the red buttons on the aluminium bar the chain comes away automatically.
Anti-scratch alloy wheel bumpers
Anti-scratch nylon bumpers for alloy wheels and inner side of the bar lined with soft-touch anti-scratch fabric.
Internal rigid archThe special internal rigid arch makes fitting the chain more intuitive and means you can fit from top to bottom.
- Only 3 operations to get ready to drive:
- Extend rigid arch
- Fit the chain on the wheel
- Push the pedal to tension the chain
- No physical power is needed to fit or to remove the chain from the car
- The tensioning system is activated with the foot
- No need to work behind and above the wheel, where is difficult to see what you are doing
- Technical innovations:
- Aluminium central bar represents a unique solution to tension the chain. It contains an integrated pedal, linked to elastomeric device, and release buttons
- Special internal rigid arch
- Design innovation:
- Design is one of the distinctive THULE/Konig values and design is one of the distinctive element of the "THULE/Konig Easy-fit"
- The use of selected materials, as the aluminium for the central bar, offers a unique visual fusion between alloy wheel and snow chain, improving the wheel look when the chain is mounted
- 9 mm inside and on-the-tread clearance.
- The internal rigid arch system makes fitting the chain very intuitive: from the top to the bottom of the wheel.
- The aluminium central bar is at the heart of the automatic tensionnig system: just open out the built-in pedal and press down with your foot to activate tensioning. The chain will automatically slip around the tyre as soon as the car moves off.
- External release system: just press the red buttons on the aluminium bar and release the safety catch, and the chain comes away.
- Anti-scratch nylon bumpers protecting alloy wheels (optional application).
- Practical and durable bag, with built-in instructions, can be used as a rug during fitting.
- Homologations/certifications/conformity: O-Norm 5117, UNI 11313, TUV.
1. Take the two ends of the rigid arch and open it.
2. Lay the chain on the tyre, starting from the top and making sure the arch is completely behind the wheel.
3. Open out the pedal and push down with your foot until you hear it click. Close the pedal then start the engine and drive.